Monday, October 22, 2007

Traction

A year ago, my family was unsettled. I had resigned from my position as family pastor at an established congregation in South Carolina, sold my house and moved to Asheville to start up a new church. We were being ripped off by the buyers of our old house and ripped off by the seller of the new. We had three families committed to starting the new church, but we were the only ones living in Asheville. The winter was cold, and long, and lonely and cramped in our tiny house in West Asheville.

Yesterday, the tribe we call Missio Dei Church, a congregation of about 65 adults and 15 or so kids, allowed me to ordain a pastor and we baptized three dudes in the French Broad River. We've been meeting regularly as a church since early Sept. and have high hopes of being a missionary presence for Jesus in our city. Praise God for the Gospel, and for the people He allows me to pastor.

Praying over Bryan Robbins

Baptisms in the French Broad River



No comments: