Friday, August 17, 2007

Better Parties


For my 30th birthday, my wife thought it would be a good idea to make a big deal about it. I couldn't complain because I love birthdays. I love the celebration of the gift of life (and a great life at that) to such an undeserving schmo like myself. So Shannon rented out the top floor of Barley's Taproom and invited about 45 of our friends. The deal was this: for a flat rate, you get great pizza and an open bar, as well as multiple pool tables, dart boards, and foosball (even though the foosball was coin operated).

This was by far, the best birthday I've had. My last milestone birthday (age 21) was spent on top of Mt. Elbert in Colorado held up with one of my closest buddies in a snow and lightening storm about 1500ft. from the 14,000ft. summit. I wasn't sure I was going to make it back down. This birthday was spent watching people enjoy themselves and talk about God, life, and everything else.

Thanks especially to my God who lavishes upon me good things, to my wife who worked hard to make all of this happend and to my beloved friends who came out and celebrated the gift of life with me.



2 comments:

clayburkle said...

I'll drink to that... clink-clink... Congratulations Kurt. It sounds and looks like you've got some great friends. You have obviously made an impact on a number of peoples lives.

Just sorry that I/we could not be there to celebrate. I hope the celebration breathed some life into the next leg of your journey.

reverendrockstar said...

happy happy happy
joy joy joy

my big 3-0 is coming soon as well. you make it look so fun, i'm actually looking forward to it!

happy birthday.