Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day


I wanted to remind/encourage all of you, who either vote or out of conviction (not laziness or apathy) do not vote, to proceed prayerfully. Bryan and I spent yesterday fasting and praying asking wisdom on behalf of our congregation and all of God's people.

Do not forget the words of St. Paul, who said, "There is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God" (Rom. 13:1). Remember that "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to (Jesus)" (Matt. 28:18). We need not put our hope in the election, but in Christ, who is seated at the right hand of the Father and grants His people true freedom.

If your guy does not win, it will be okay. If your guy does win, Jesus is still the Savior.

PS - I WAITED IN A LONGER LINE FOR MY FREE STARBUCKS THAN I DID TO VOTE - HA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://theresurgence.com/in_god_we_do_not_trust

I thought this was good. It accurately describes what I have seen in my girls.
Hope the Starbucks was worth it! :)