Monday, October 20, 2008

Shocked by Grace

Our friend Carolyn is fighting cancer. About two weeks ago her kidneys shut down. She's now on dialysis and among other things is unable to walk. I spent some time with her at the hospital, just listening to her story and praying with her. I've since been following up and checking in.

Today I phoned her as I have a headcold and didn't want to risk getting around her while her immune system is not up to par. I called to listen and to encourage and to pray. As soon as she heard my voice, she began asking how I was feeling and praying for me, asking what she could do to help. She can't even get out of bed and her desire is to encourage and help. I was shocked at the picture of grace she painted for me.

I feel physically down, but spiritually loved. Thanks for praying for me Carolyn.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

i pray for you both.